- Generously sized – 16 inches x 20 inches, ideal for students to see details.
- Outline map – perfect for shading & labeling with colored pencils.
- Printed on sturdy paper and shipped flat – no folds, creases or curly papers!
- Activities included – use with “on-map” activities or your own lesson plan.
Virtual/Distance Learning? Students and teachers can access our easy-to-follow video tutorials for completing map activities.
Students learn about the World Explorers as well as physical world geography! One of our most popular maps! Map includes all major routes: early Vikings to the modern-day polar explorers.
Hands-on activities include:
- shading bodies of water
- labeling routes, physical features, specific areas and continents
- drawing physical features the explorers actually encountered– mountains, deserts, rivers
This map is double-sided:
- The front map side shows the routes,
- The reverse side of the map describes all of the routes shown on the map
FREE DIGITAL EXTRA: our European Explorers “Map Challenge” can be used with your computers, projector or smartboard! This file allows you and your students to work even more in-depth with this hands on activity map.! To see the MAP CHALLENGE for EUROPEAN EXPLORERS, click HERE.