- Generously sized – 16 inches x 20 inches, ideal for students to see details.
- Outline map – perfect for shading & labeling with colored pencils.
- Printed on sturdy paper and shipped flat – no folds, creases or curly papers!
- Activities included – use with “on-map” activities or your own lesson plan.
The activities on this map introduce all the basic skills necessary for making, reading and understanding maps. Great for lower grades 2-4!
- This map depicts a fictional town called Oceanside
- Students learn to use a MAP GRID and SYMBOLS.
- Students use a fun MAP KEY, and choose appropriate colors for different features.
- SCALE is introduced as a way of calculating distances– great for math skills!
- A COMPASS ROSE is presented as a decorative and functional feature of the map.
Free Bonus Activities
Download our free “Map Challenge” PDF file for BASIC MAP SKILLS. Get the download HERE.
Use with your computer, projector or smartboard!
This file allows you and your students to work more in-depth with this hands on activity map.
Includes loads of activities including how to draw a COMPASS ROSE.