As a gift to our customers, we offer these valuable digital files, each to go along with one of our popular maps. We call these files “Map Challenges” because they allow you and your students to work even more in-depth with our hands on activity maps. Learn more about the areas shown on maps. The files add information about geography, animals and culture. Use the Map Challenge activities to give your students a chance to write—the files all support literacy in your classroom. Use these with your computers, projector or smartboard when you work on one of these maps in your class!
Since these files are very much in the spirit and content of our new CartoCraze! Expanded Map Workshop premium membership, using one of these files in your class will let you see how comprehensive and informational these files can be!
How to Use Map Challenges
Each of our Map Challenge files is like a workshop about the selected map. In addition to the geographic material we always present in the map activities, here we also provide extra cross-curricular material, with an emphasis on literacy, reading, math and science.
- Use each file for extra help when completing the map in class!
- Learn fun geographic and historical information that expands beyond the map activities!
- Learn about animals and cultural facts related to the area described by the map
- Activities guide students to write and research
- We include a reading list inspired by the map
On the whole—lots of fun and inspiration to learn more about the areas described by our large hands on activity maps.