Coloring is a very important and fun aspect of working on your map.
Colors should match the geographic details of a map when possible. Here are come suggestions:
- Mountains — use brown and green
- Lakes and Rivers — blue
- Oceans — shade along coastlines (see below) with blue
- Deserts — light brown, can shade with yellow and/or orange
- Forests, or vegetation areas — green
- Divider lines between regions — a bright color, drawn with a fine line.
- Roads, routes or highways — dark colors such as Black, brown or red
TIP: Using colored pencils is the best way to add color. Areas can be filled in completely or shaded along boundaries.